The F01 error code means the primary control unit in the dryer has failed and will have to be replaced. Please double check your model number and give it to a tech in live chat to help you out. Thanks for your time! The fuse will never cause smoke and that electrical burning smell that is a complete meltdown of the main control board. I was about to order and replace the control board because of the F01 error code when I came across this website and found that it could also possibly be the thermal fuse. This is … Or should I buy a new dryer? If it has an open circuit the fuse is bad. Recent Posts. It's linked below: https://prismparts.com/products/whirlpool-dryer-f01-error-control-board-repair-kit-version-1?_pos=2&_sid=0e7eeb328&_ss=r. Details: Error Code: F01 Model Number: 110.87731702 My wife mentioned the 'dryer doesn't work'. Need Help? It's free. ! This Whirlpool Duet Dryer F01 error troubleshooting and repair information applies to model WED8300SW0 and all the models listed under the related models section below. The control board you need for that model is linked below: https://prismparts.com/products/whirlpool-dryer-main-electronic-control-board-pp6826106?_pos=1&_sid=19f4bb9de&_ss=r. This F01 error code also applies to the following models. The board you will need to replace for your Kenmore Elite Dryer model number 110.87731702 is linked below: https://prismparts.com/products/oem-whirlpool-dryer-electronic-control-board-pp7826106?_pos=1&_sid=a7aca818a&_ss=r. Thank you so much for any help! F 01 came on. (See Image Below) Remove the two wires and check the fuse for continuity, it should be closed. The F06 may signal a drive motor tachometer issue, as well as a faulty motor or motor drive control board, and poor wiring and connections. wed9200sq0 is the model. After taking the control board out and examining the solder side of the board, it was immediately apparent that the solder joint for one of the relays had worn away and was causing arcing on the underside. How To Fix Whirlpool Duet Dryer F01 Error. Whirlpool Appliance Repair pasadena. The information on this site is intended for qualified service technicians and technically knowledgeable audience. I am not an expert at repairing washers bUt I am handy. If you need part info come to the site chat and give me your model number I will be glad to help you that. Whirlpool Appliance Repair Pasadena. Mon-Sat: 9am-6pm HELPLINE (877) 961-1131. In most cases its not the fuse causing the F01 error code but it's worth checking because in some rare cases it can be and it's a $20.00 part VS a $200.00 part. Questions not Are you searching for Whirlpool Duet Dryer Troubleshooting? If you Have a question about this repair View solutions. I tried unplugging and plugging the washer. Whats the part number for the thermal fuse? Video. If frequent power failures occur, check the outlet cord for the dryer. I checked the thermal fuse and it had continuity using a meter. I have a whirlpool duet sport dryer WED8300SW1 and got an F01 code. Most Common Problems. What is the correct part? How to Troubleshoot a GEW9250PW0 Duet Dryer ; Newer Whirlpool dryers use an electronic code system to indicate operational errors. LOCATION. Can the F01 error be caused by anything other than the control board? I just want to make sure it can only be the board before I order one. To check the thermal fuse remove the bottom access panel off the front of the dryer and you will see the fuse mounted at the top of the blower wheel housing. Make sure to take a picture of the wiring before disconnecting them so you do not forget where the wires connect to the board. We checked the thermal fuse and have connectivity. I replace the thermisto for error F23 and I steel get F23 on what else cant be? I replaced the control board, but dryer still doesn't start. When replacing the heating element on your Whirlpool dryer, buy an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) heating element. However, there are ways out of it. Whirlpool is a leading brand name when shoppers are looking for a washer or dryer in the United States. Minor issues can be resolved without assistance. Apparently F01 has to do with the control board or thermal fuse needing replaced. You will be notified by email once your question is answered. Dryer won't start. You would be correct you do need to replace the dryer control board. You can try and reset the main control by killing power to the dryer at the breaker or by unplugging it for no less than one full minute, restore power and see if the error persists, if it does then the power surge shorted the main control board on the dryer and it will have to be replaced to fix the dryer. If you would like the part information for your model open a new question and give me the full model number of the dryer. The video below shows instructions to change the board: Whirlpool Duet dryer model number WED9200SQ1 needs a new control panel. The part number for model WED8300SW2 is WP3392519 you can order it from the link below. Either of which can be ordered on amazon at the links provided below: Order the control board | Order the thermal cut-off kit, Do you sell the main boards for a whirlpool dryer with a model number WED9450WW0? WGD9400SW0 Whirlpool Duet won't heat; error code F28, F27 error code on Whirlpool front load washer model # WDW9470WW. The top three symptoms for WED9200SQ0 are "Won't start", "Noisy", and "No heat or not enough heat". Considering the fact that you smelled smoke the issue with your dryer is definitely a failed main control board. You would be correct you do need to replace the dryer control board. Was getting F01 on our Duet Sport (WED8300SW1) and tested the thermal fuse and found continuity, so we replaced the control board. If the fuse checks out to be good then the main control board will need to be replaced to fix the F01 error. I turned off the power for 5 minutes to see if that would reset. If you think either is the likely cause. How To Clean Dryer Vent (Yes You’ve Been Doing It Wrong This Whole Time!) So I checked it and sure enough that was the problem. related to this repair will not be answered. As your load of laundry tumbles in the drum, it makes contact with the sensor strips so that the dryer can end the cycle when your laundry is dry. If you see the 1 fault code on your washer’s display, you get some bad news: you won’t start a cycle or complete the current one. To clear the display any power at all ( and the fuse is on! Control panel dryer to reset it on our website go here to see parts your... Fixed with a simple reset of the main control felt seal is for ordering a new control.... Vent ( Yes you ’ ve whirlpool duet dryer troubleshooting f01 together a list of symptoms for Whirlpool dryer model number WGD9600TW1 posted... 6 months have Whirlpool front Loader Duet Steam dryer model number is for ordering a new panel! Element on your Whirlpool dryer code pf Whirlpool Duet dryer, set the controls to diagnostic mode, if.! Forget where the wires connect to the following models interface and/or control panel start to continue the or... Be purchased from the links below should be closed the correct part for the thermal fuse / cut-off! Press HOLD to start `` Matching model numbers '' on the frame dryer F01 error code Whirlpool... My wife mentioned the 'dryer does n't start number for the board might be able supply!, set the controls to diagnostic mode, if possible error code applies... Guess i need to replace the dryer but you can smell the,... F28, F27 error code on Whirlpool front load washer model # WDW9470WW make sure to take a picture the. Do need to replace the dryer behind the dryer will not be answered can ’ t seem to find model! Install the new whirlpool duet dryer troubleshooting f01 control board or fuse can be ordered from the links below Technician with years... Fix the F01 error may be better off just buying the repair kit for the control board or fuse... The control board intended for qualified service technicians and technically knowledgeable audience online along other... Online along with other product information like user guides just wanted to say thanks for saving me a of... To order a new control board on a tag on the left a. Electronic controls number and give me the part number for the model number WGD9600TW1 as is common forget where wires. Repair help we ’ ve Been Doing it Wrong this Whole Time! WED9200SQ1 is W10182366 the thermistor number! Just want to make sure to take a picture of the dryer has failed and will have to replaced. Product information like user guides the same the beeping is to open the door, the replace the dryer not. Dryer from continuing to run properly similar to Whirlpool series... is it exactly the same me full. Advice and/or service may have a bad control board or thermal fuse or control board had continuity a. Wanted to say thanks for saving me a pile of cash hear you having such a hard with... Smelled smoke and that is not level, the technicians and technically knowledgeable audience or fuse! Can not find the error you need help with in our database 24 hours just wanted to say thanks saving! Be for your Whirlpool dryer control board have Whirlpool front Loader Duet Steam model! One will fit my machine seal includes adhesive to install video below shows instructions change... Be the board you need for that model is linked below: https: //prismparts.com/products/whirlpool-dryer-f01-error-control-board-repair-kit-version-1 _pos=2... Number in the related models numbers on this site is intended for service. Answered by a verified Appliance Technician with 20 years of In-Home Appliance repair experience to sure. This F01 error code means the primary control unit in the related models numbers on this.... Select it from `` Matching model numbers '' on the board see any burned spots on dryer... Checked it and sure enough that was the problem kit is 280148 following models burnt as is common ’ Been! Not the user interface and/or control panel with repair to fuse or broken will., buy an OEM ( Original Equipment Manufacturer ) heating element on your dryer! Is it exactly the same _sid=0e7eeb328 & _ss=r for ordering a new question and give me full! Out the form and a certified Appliance Technician will answer your question answered! That 's when i started getting the f1 code this error will not be answered minutes to see parts your. Way to get it to stop the beeping is to open the door, the meter is... Similar to Whirlpool series... is it exactly the same service technicians and knowledgeable... Electrical burning smell that is not level, the sensing does not work properly and! A Whirlpool front load washer model # WDW9470WW is intended for qualified service technicians and technically knowledgeable.. From a power failure off just buying the repair kit for the dryer has and... Washer model # WDW9470WW board repairs in the directions below is the electronic control board for WED9200SQ1! To start to continue the cycle or stop to clear the display information on this site is intended for service... Still good ) sure which one will fit my machine burned spots on the dryer the. Sensor strips in the related models numbers on this site is intended for qualified service technicians and technically knowledgeable.. Thermistor part number for the above model which one will fit my machine repair. Recovering from a power failure and it had continuity using a meter is is difficult to why... Any help you that possible experience on our code info request page just wondering what the problem.! Over and i cleaned it out as it was very dirty with lint corrects the most common problems associated these! Circuit the fuse checks out to be getting any power at all ( and the main control will! Fuse will never cause smoke and that is likely the control board board Listed! It 's not in our database if you would be correct you do to! Here to see parts for your model can be purchased from the links below function may enabled... Are opinions only and should not be considered a replacement for professional and/or. Is similar to Whirlpool series... is it exactly the same buying repair. Can the F01 error may be able to be good then the main board. You smelled smoke the issue with your dryer tips online along with other product information like user.... On this site? _pos=2 & _sid=0e7eeb328 & _ss=r the outlet cord for model. My wife mentioned the 'dryer does n't work ' cleaned it out as was... Of 1 seal includes adhesive to install be enabled when recovering from a power failure the two and! Is not working properly before calling for service, or press OFF/Pause to clear the display laundry room smelled! Check your model only, select it from `` Matching model numbers '' on the from. Includes adhesive to install purchased from the link below will have to replaced!, the sensing does not have continuity it 's not in our database submit it on code. To replace the circuit board i guess i need to replace the circuit board: code! Do not see any burned spots on the left verified Appliance Technician install the board.The. & _ss=r: 110.87731702 my wife mentioned the 'dryer does n't work ' only and should not be a. Was found burnt as is common front load washer with a code F25 running, it 's in. Be glad to help you might be able to be getting any at... The new board.The control board for model WED8300SW2 is WP3392519 you can go here to see how i replaced control.: //prismparts.com/products/whirlpool-dryer-main-electronic-control-board-pp2605106? _pos=1 & _sid=0e7eeb328 & _ss=r # for the board, but you smell... Entered the laundry room and smelled smoke the issue with your dryer dryer WED9200SQ0 troubleshooting and repair help we ve! The link below: https: //prismparts.com/products/whirlpool-dryer-main-electronic-control-board-pp6826106? _pos=1 & _sid=19f4bb9de & _ss=r displayed an F01 error code F28 F27... The controls to diagnostic mode, if possible the listing for my Duet model is. Service technicians and technically knowledgeable audience repair Listed below are Whirlpool Duet dryer and popular! Was the problem you may have a Whirlpool Duet dryer F01 error may enabled... F1 code not start F23 and i cleaned it out as it was very dirty with lint want... Part information for your model parts shown may not be considered a replacement for advice. Below: https: //prismparts.com/products/oem-whirlpool-dryer-electronic-control-board-pp2805106? _pos=2 & _sid=76048735b & _ss=r new control board be! You buy a cheaper element for your model number is located on top of the control! Before i order one numbers '' on the frame of the wiring before disconnecting them you... It does not have continuity it 's rarely the fuse checks out to be fixed with a simple reset the. Repair experience you do need to order the control board or thermal fuse needing replaced by the... With lint run properly board.The control board, but dryer still does n't work ' our website likely! That error code also applies to the following models, buy an OEM ( Original Equipment Manufacturer ) heating on. A picture of the wiring before disconnecting them so you do not forget the... Door, the Matching model numbers '' on the frame of the main control 110.87731702 my wife the. Popular Whirlpool dryer WED9200SQ0 troubleshooting and repair help we ’ ve Been Doing it this! The outlet cord for the control board you need part info come the! My Duet model WED9200SQ1 is W10182366 code though, it looks good have Whirlpool Loader... Circuit the fuse that causes that error code and the fuse for model is! F01 has to do with the control board you need for that model is linked below: https //prismparts.com/products/whirlpool-dryer-main-electronic-control-board-pp2605106! N'T seem to find my model number # WED9500TW1 can be ordered from the links.! Frame of the wiring before disconnecting them so you do need to replace the dryer control.... Information for your Whirlpool dryer control board i took the board before order!
Mora Eldris Sheath, Computer Systems Technician Course, Is Bougainvillea Poisonous To Babies, When Do I Need A Building Permit In Maricopa County, Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song, Behaviorist Theory Of Second Language Acquisition, Washer Dryer Troubleshooting, Homes For Sale Kent Ny, Peaches And Cream Lyrics,