Custom guitar finishes - Breedlove Guitars markets various finishes for your acoustic guitar, using guitar refinishing techniques and nitrocellulose lacquer. While supplies used to be plentiful, concerns have been raised about the long term viability of Sapele stocks. In my opinion all of this attention is justified as Sapele is an outstanding African species that is only gaining in popularity because of it’s ease of use in so many applications. Horizontal installations are another phenomena. I will also turn focus to building the neck, which again I expect to cut out primarily on the CNC. Availability: Sapele is moderately available. When painting a guitar, preparation is critical to success. Today I finally got started on a guitar I've been wanting to make for quite some time. Sapele is much harder than Genuine Mahogany and the highly interlocked grain pattern makes it difficult to work. I started by rough sawing the body outline on the bandsaw. African Sapele wood was used to finish the back and sides of this classical guitar, which adds to its aesthetic appeal. These highly flamed sets will create a visually stunning guitar too. 137 Posts . Want to really learn more!? sapele guitar manufacturer/supplier, China sapele guitar manufacturer & factory list, find qualified Chinese sapele guitar manufacturers, suppliers, factories, exporters & wholesalers quickly on Made-in-China.com. The 2nd D Jr. model on the market has a soundboard of sapele to go along with its sapele back and sides, and comes with or without on-board electronics. I dusted off my templates and a big slab of Sapele and got to work. Sikkens Cetol 1,23 system or Cetol Door & Window is what I’d recommend for finishing Sapele. Coloring mahogany doesn’t need to be as involved as that first process. I plan on using Crimson Guitars guitar finishing oil, but I was thinking of a stain underneath it first. If your looking for machine heads, tools, finishing materials, wood you've come to the right place! The Sapele board I bought was not wide enough for my guitar body, so I had to glue 1-1/2” pieces to each side of it since the finished size of the guitar blank (body) needed to be 9 1/2” x 17”. The name sapele comes from that of the city of Sapele in Nigeria, where there is a preponderance of the tree.African Timber and Plywood (AT&P), a division of the United Africa Company, had a factory at this location where the wood, along with Triplochiton scleroxylon, Obeche, mahogany, and Khaya was processed into timber which was then exported from the Port of Sapele worldwide. Would i use this process before or after the tru oil? Luthiers Mercantile International, Inc. 7975 Cameron Drive, Bldg. Photo 1 shows the clamps holding the glued pieces together. Martin’s D Jr. 2 Sapele and D Jr. 2E Sapele offer a smaller version of their legendary Dreadnought design, made in the innovative D Junior size, with the melodious tone of a hardwood top. ... Posted in All, Design, Finishing, Guitar Making. The back of that guitar was sapele which has large open pores which might have been filled initially with the tru oil even after sanding to the wood. If your looking for machine heads, tools, finishing materials, wood you've come to the right place! We supply lots of fine tone woods for guitar and other instruments from start to finish. It was accurately made in the USA to vintage specifications and is 1 3/4" thick (edge round over is 3/16in radius, vintage is 1/8in). The oil im using is the Original oil, not the oxi. Sapele's colors are a little more reddish than Mahogany, with … A Brief History of Sapele. Easily one of the most popular hardwoods in our inventory in the last year has been Sapele. Cheers. Vertically it is not too problematic to keep a finish on. Overall, the wood finishing has no impact on the weight of this model, which is about 8.2 pounds only. We supply lots of fine tone woods for guitar and other instruments from start to finish. 1600 Windsor, California 95492 Toll Free: 1-800-477-4437 or International: 707-687-2020 Whether for acoustic guitar backs and sides or solid electric guitar bodies, Sapele has become a very important tonewood. The finishing at the top is done with western cedar. You’re allowed to just open a can of wood stain — and there are legitimate reasons for staining mahogany, such as making the color of a whole project look even and homogenous. Other uses include guitar manufacturing for major brands such as Ibanez, Martin and Taylor. Flamed Sapele is a fantastic tonewood that produces all the tone you've come to expect from genuine Mahogany at a much better price. It includes a 7/8in diameter output jack without flat. We’ve used Sapele for our custom doors since we can’t get the quality of mahogany from the good old days. I found the genuine very easy to work with - easy to cut, easy to sand, etc. This entry is part 1 of 4 in the series Sapele ... filling the Sapele grain, and then dying and finishing this body. PHOTO 1. Build a traditional ukulele The most popular ukulele tonewood, mahogany delivers a focused sound with broad mids and highs. Carmaker Cadillac has used sapele for its wooden interior. Sapele Scientific Name: Entandrophragma cylindricum . Gluing up the Sapele guitar body. Sapele is a tree native to Africa. Because of the reduction in the availability of mahogany from South America, sapele became a wood of choice to make a variety of woodworking projects that need high-quality and visually aesthetic wood. ... telecaster body that has no finish on it.Hopefully it will be butterscotch blond in the end.This is my first attempt at finishing.Cheers Terry. Delhi Timber is a leading database of best Sapele Wood exporters, suppliers and wholesaler in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon; Offering high quality features with attractive texture and fine construction at reasonable price. My First CNC Guitar: a Sapele Telecaster. without it the dye will almost invariably end up too dark in some areas. As a flooring choice, people look to it for the beautiful grain and durability. Has anyone used a stain on darker woods like Mahogany/Sapele? African Sapele is a beautiful mahogany variety. I’ve noticed that a majority of my blog traffic is from search engine hits linking to the pages where I elaborate on my finishing tips. Sapele is low maintenance and is affordable, but with rising cost because of the new limits on commercial exploitation. It glues and shapes easily. I want to use tru oil on a sapele body then use a matt lacquer. I also have nice clear acrylic templates for the J-11 model that I had laser-cut from the blueprint file. I think @Bizman62 has largely nailed it. I was thinking green, but I'm not sure if it … If you use dye - and I wouldn't recommend it on sapele for a first-time finish job - make sure you use sanding sealer first. Guitar Build Supplies is the place to look for wood, materials and tools to make your own guitar. Each day we get requests for quotes and the Sapele species page on this site is one of the most clicked on. About This Item. Discussion Starter • #1 • Nov 27, 2013. I'm currently building a telecaster which is sapele. Shop now Then I hereby request that you send it back across the ditch, please . China 40 41 Inch Sapele Top Die-Cast Head-Machine Matt Finishing Beginners Student Guitar, Find details and Price about China Acoustic Gutiar, Ovation Guitar from 40 41 Inch Sapele Top Die-Cast Head-Machine Matt Finishing Beginners Student Guitar - Guangzhou Vines Music Instruments Co., Ltd. The 2012 110ce Sapele/Spruce Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar has a solid sitka spruce top and sapele laminate back and sides.It also features a cutaway that adds upper range to Taylors most affordable full-size dreadnought, while the ES-T pickup primes you for plugging in. Subscribe For Weekly Guitar Making Tips! Posted on August 10, 2018 by Eric Schaefer. at this stage Ive used both genuine mahogany and african mahogany. In the following article we’re going to explore the world of acoustic guitar tonewoods, and explain how different characteristics of timber such as density, moisture, strength and flexibility influence how an acoustic guitar sounds. This African hardwood is highly sought afterr for its similarity to Mahogany for guitar making, furnitue making and now for flooring, decking and paneling applications. Make sure everything works together, solve all your problems ahead of time and ask questions before you get stuck on your own guitar. Posted by Patrick Jaromin on January 23, 2017. Tear out in the grain is common and special care needs to be taken when milling. The term ‘Tonewood‘ is used to describe wood used in the construction of stringed instruments, chosen for their acoustic properties. Minimum Dimensions. Online shopping for Musical Instruments from a great selection of Electric Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, Acoustic-Electric Guitars, Classical & Nylon-String Guitars & more at everyday low prices. Guitars and basses with blonde finishes typically have ash bodies because the wood “takes” that particular finish especially well. In this post i’ll share with you my schedule that I use to finish an instrument with any of these Danish oil’s Teak oil etc. Reply. People who buy a Les Paul guitar expect it to follow the traddition of the original design and if the website blurb on this particular model states 'mahogany' just like it states 'mahogany' on some expensive 59 re-issue model then it should be made of 'mahogany' and not sapele. A Martin made entirely of Sapele and a Sapele back on a Taylor 317E... Workability: easy to work with but the tight grain can cause some tear out. Im inclined to use genuine again, but as its nearly double the price most places, I was also looking at Sapele. This solid wood telecaster guitar body is made from ONE SOLID PIECE OF SAPELE (no seams, no glue). Basically any linseed based or tung based oil that has mineral spirits and other stuff in it. I talk about my experiences and those of my students with using Sapele including how it bends, how it carves, the aesthetics, and it’s mechanical properties. The african less so. Looking for recommendations for a coffee table I'm planning to build out of sapele. Since supplies of genuine Mahogany are dwindling, many manufacturers of musical instruments are switching to Sapele. Back halves: 8-1/4" x 22" x 0.115" (210mm x 559mm x 2.9mm) Sides: 5" x 31-1/2" x 0.090" (127mm x 800mm x 2.3mm) Fender used ash for electric guitar and bass bodies more or less exclusively from 1950 to mid-1956, and to the present continues to use ash on a relatively small number of instruments. Finishing isn't quite as easy as any non-porous wood but Sapele is no more difficult to finish than Mahogany. ... Ksg Music 00015 Guitarra 39 Inches Ooo Body Solid Mahogany Matte Finishing Satin Acoustic Guitar Ooo15 Acousitc Guitar. Guitar Build Supplies is the place to look for wood, materials and tools to make your own guitar. A little bit denser with slightly bolder grain.
Creamy Spinach Tomato Pasta, Sample Disagreement Letter To Employer For Performance Evaluation, August Alsina - Song Cry Mp3, Japanese Bluetooth Earphones, What Is The National Animal Of Bermuda, Cartoon Sound Effects Meme, Quality Control Resume Pharmaceutical, How Much Does Decisions For Teams Cost, Chick-fil-a Sweet Potato Fries Georgia,